It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:01 am

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Chemical Guys - Window Clean / Glass Cleaner
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:35 pm 
Weekend Washer
Weekend Washer

So I have been out of the detailing world for a while now, long story..

A couple of weeks back I made the dreadful mistake of using Windolene on my car windscreen. Suffice to say, it rained a couple of days later and there was an unbelievable windscreen smearing, which decreased visibility and made it a nightmare to drive.

Anyway I decided to try out the CG Glass cleaner. Picked it up from Pravin on Friday and after a quick chat I got home and on his advice decided to try the product in the concentrated form it comes in.

Although impressive and using just a tiny bit, it did streak and required extra effort to get the window nice and clean. Thankfully, that same evening it rained a bit. This was ideal to see how the product performs. The water beaded perfectly and at higher speed ran right off the windscreen. I didn't even need to use the wipers.. :shock:

So on Sunday I decided to dilute the entire bottle of the product. Just my luck I had a few sealed bottles of distilled water in my cupboard. Diluted it the entire bottle 1:3 as recommend by CG themselves with distilled water and then decanted them into smaller spray bottles. Armed with a glass microfibre and a bottled of diluted product I tackled my other cars glass.

Unbelievable isn't the word - I just sprayed it on and wiped it clean and clear with the glass microfibre. No streaking, no effort to remove - just a mirror like gloss..

The product costs R53 for a 500ml and after diluted you have 2lts of product. That works out to just R13.25 for a 500ml of awesome product. I am pretty sure that you will NEVER find better value than that from a reputable glass cleaner on the market.

I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a glass cleaner cos for one, its worth its money just on its cleaning abilities but the added bonus is that it offers unbelievable value when diluted. To be honest i tried the product just twice, but the diluted form wins hands down for me..

Two thumbs up for this product..

I will post before and after pics shortly...

Post subject: Re: Chemical Guys - Window Clean / Glass Cleaner
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for the feedback bud. I'm due for a new window cleaner, I reckon I'll give this a go.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]